Free revving problem

Leonard

I have a 2006 530 xi. Three times over the last month or so, on mild or hard accelleration the car continues to rev long after (5 secs or so) after I've let off the accellerator. I think the car goes into neutral when this happens, but I'm not sure.

I've called the dealer and they've never heard of this. I am taking it in on 5/22, but if someone else has any ideas I'd love to have them to pass on.

Thank you

Big Daddy

Wow, five seconds with near full throttle would equal several more miles per hour of acceleration, very hazardous. I would not drive it until it were repaired. And just a thought, how are you posting this on 5/24 and are taking it in on 5/22?

Leonard

Wow, five seconds with near full throttle would equal several more miles per hour of acceleration, very hazardous. I would not drive it until it were repaired. And just a thought, how are you posting this on 5/24 and are taking it in on 5/22?

Calendar malfunction. I looked at the wrong week. If goes this thurs, but you probably figured that..

As to not driving, its happened 3 times over a number of weeks. As I think I said in the original thread (I'll have to look back), always throws car to neutral. So, it is decelleration not accelleration.

5 seconds might be on the high side. We tend to overestimate time in times of stress. Might be 3

Bottom line is that its very unsettling.

By the way, thanks for the help.