Ne 1 Have Pics Of...?

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
NO![eek] There is absolutely no need to have wheels that large on a bimmer. The dispertion rate of a tire over the wheels itself is so slight after your get to 18s it would have absolutely no effect on the handling anyway. With a few ultra high performance exotics excluded which come stock with them. All that would do is guarranty multiple broken/bent wheels, a couple of busted strut housings, a bunch of blown tires, and quite possibly a cracked strut tower. Not to mention broken engine mounts, snapped lug bolts, broken shocks, cracked springs, and all the other things that come along with the force of a pothole going fifty with 20's. I don't mean to get all defensive and what not, but PLEASE DON"T DO IT![?|] [rofl] [confused] [confused]

Last edited:

Big Daddy

There is something called "Overkill". I experminted with 18's on my M roadster and I felt like I lost handling, not gained. I have had others tell me the same thing. I did put 15's on my 318is and she handles better (saved the factory 14's for snow tires).

Maybe on the M Roadster, with the short wheelbase it makes it handle that way? Sometimes people just have to have the biggest wheels made (just to say they have them), when in reality it isn't needed at all (not directed at you Big Daddy). I am just saying I see it all the time civics etc… with 17"/18", why? I believe in some cases it is a big waste of money to put such large wheels on cars that, a) don’t need them and b) looks stupid on them. Not to mention the curb damage on most cars with wheels that large from people that don’t even know how to drive with large wheels and low profile tires.

epj3

JayR said:
well; in my opinion it looks good here's a pic i have but i wanted more
reminds me of pamela anderson before she got a few of the implants removed - ugly and way to big. and honestly ANY car i see driving with shitty looking aftermarket wheels like that...makes me laugh.

Last edited:
Thanks Big Daddy. epj3 your dead on. I believe going from 16"-17" or even 18" on a lot of the longer wheelbase models is OK if done right (i.e. using BMW wheels and some very select after market). However, making a jump from 15"/16" to 20" wheels looks like crap. That is my own opinion and I stand by it.[:)] Not to take anything away from you JayR, if you like it that's all that matters, however I will tell you most BMW enthusiasts will agree it just doesn’t look right. [:)]

Last edited:

ILuvBMW

I don't think they would look to good, but if you have some wheels in mind that you think would look nice and you think you can get used to them, go for it!

Why not go with the classic M-double spoke 18s? Those look the best on sevens, whether E32 or E38.

As for the Alpina 20s, I like them myself, but not as much on the E32 as the E38. You should be able to find several pics on Alpina enthusiast sites.

You should be able to keep the overall diameter of the tire close to stock. Those E32s came with 225/60/15s, for the most part, which are fairly large in overall diameter. Do the math and figure out what you can fit.