The new Audi S8

Tom

Staff Team
Audi is doing an excellent job with their design, but if you look at their styling, lots of it are based off of BMW's.

george

1000 Post Club
Tom said:
Audi is doing an excellent job with their design, but if you look at their styling, lots of it are based off of BMW's.
wow a coment like this coming from someone with both a BMW and a Audi owner means a lot,
but still before like 98 Audi's designs were disgusting IMHO ................its a different story now.
I have two freinds with brand new Audi A4's and they love there cars but they still admit that they have a few things they need to address.I remember my freind telling me the motors in the power windows are weak ,and that when he tilted the sun roof upward after like 20 minutes of driving the glass would drop like 1/4 inch, another complain of there's was that there brakes needed some improvement and the sway bars allowed to much body roll while cornering. Still the difference between my 3 series and there A4's is huge! the brake rotors in my car are way bigger then there's and my car doesnt sway as much on the freeway........ they even said so.

adamsonem

1000 Post Club
Tom said:
I agree with you Tom, dealing with the current line of autos, but it seems to me that the B5 A4 (1996-2002) looks very similar in styling to the E46 3 series, mostly in the rear. But how can anyone be sure of who did it first really? I mean BMW most likely designed the E46 LONG BEFORE it came out, so I don't know. Either way, I like BMW and Audi somewhat equally.

My E30 was awesome, but it lacked practicality - 2-door coupe Vs. 4-door midsize sedan
I still miss my Bimmer sometimes, it sounded great and was really fun to drive. My A4 is equally fun to drive (sport package makes it all the better), but it's just completely different, almost a 180 degree turn from BMWs.

[thumb] TO EACH HIS OWN [thumb]

adamsonem said:
The rear end does somewhat resemble that of a Saab. As for the Passat-looking front end, that's typical of Audi/VW as Audi is currently owned by VW.
That's true. The VAG group wasn't all to creative with their front ends. Much is the same for the late 80's to mid 90's Merc. They all look the same. Heh.