Xenon Lights

tmdan2004

I have a 2003 bmw 530i and do not have xenon headlights. I ordered a hid kit but have to solder wires and custom fit the lights which I don't want to do. Is it possible to get some stock oem xenon bulbs and put them in my headlights? Thanks for the help.

Tom

Staff Team
You can get an aftermarket HID conversion kit. Though they are technically not legal for street use, you can find plenty on ebay.

They are basically plug and play in which you unplug the wiring from the bulb, plug it into the conversion kit and plug the kit into the new hid bulbs.

tmdan2004

I have an hid kit. The bulbs wont stay in place. I bought the h7 lights which are suppose ti fit our car. Is there anyone who has a hid kit installed and was a plug in play with the wire harness connecting to the ballast. The hid kit has an hid bulb with 2 wires splitting off of the light. There is no where to plug the stock wire harness into the ballast wires. Im frusterated. What do I do??????

Van556

If your original is of Halogen then you could purchase:
...a rebased 9006 bulbs ~$150/set --> FleaBay
...get the OEM ballasts ~$200/set (2nd Gen) --> FleaBay
...plus mounting brackets / bolts ~$50/L&R --> dealer

After the installation done you may need to take it to the dealer for recode your LCM to Xenon compatible.
Good Luck!

you can get an HID conversion set on ebay for dirt these days. Power wire (to a battery terminal), ground, and signal wire (basically plugs into stock headlight harness.

You could look into getting angel eyes with oem xenon if your set on getting oem, or keep checking ebay...