1986-2008 BMW M3 Historical Timeline

1986-2008 BMW M3 Historical Timeline

The M3 that started it all. Sold in the US from 1988 to 1991, the E30 M3 is one of the purest driver's cars ever sold.

1986-2008 BMW M3 Historical Photo Gallery
Trace the evolution of the legendary BMW M3 in this collection of high resolution photos.

*For the pic, see source: http://www.automobilemag.com/features/0704_bmw_m3_timeline_index/index.html

reff

I just ordered a 2008 M3 coupe and didn't get the navigation option. I have had mixed responses to the value and the need for NAV. I would like to get some opinions from anyone because I can still change my order.

William330

I thought navigation was a gimmick until I used one to travel across 7 states.

Never got lost once, and it was comforting to know that getting lost was not going to happen. It's worth getting, but not sure if it's worth BMW prices ($2,000?) to get. An aftermarket setup runs $500, but looks a bit lame stuck on the dashboard.

Do you need to also get iDrive to have navigation? iDrive is quite unpopular among those that have used it.

If gonna get nav, don't ever get it with the car, get it installed on your own. Buy cheap, install yourself or pay someone to install it. It'll save you 50% - 75% pending on if you do it yourself or not.