Foglamps

As much as I love my 530i, there are two useless pieces of equipment on it. The cupholders have been retired in favor of two Ultimate Cupholders. Now I have to do something about the runners up, my foglamps. The stock ones barely cast a soft, romantic glow just in front of the car. However, if I want a romantic setting, I'll go home and start a fire in the fireplace. [rolleyes] What I need are foglamps that actually cast some light. I don't care about them looking cool to oncoming drivers; I just want to see better in the fog. [:p]

So has anyone tried replacing the bulbs with Xeons? Are there any other alternatives? [confused] [???1]

I've seen people replace the fogs on xenon ones on 3 series. If done on a 5 series, I bet it will give you a lot more light than the stock ones.

Have you tried different bulbs yet? I know some people are interested in directions on how to replace the bulbs on a 5 series. Perhaps someone knowledgeable about the 5 series can start a thread with directions on how to change the fog light bulbs?

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Well this really depends on what type of bumper he has on his E39 because changing them out with a M-sport bumper versus a stock bumper is a little bit different. I will dig around and post some links for DIY if I can still find them. Had them on my desktop but the deserts of Iraq are no place for my desktop...LOL