Is anybody still here?

Well hey guys its been awhile since I have posted. So whats going on. I am still here in germany. So holla at me if your here too. I see that this forum hasn't had alot of use lately so lets gets things rolling again.

Just a little update on myself and my cars. I own a 2004 325ci, and 2 1988 325i's with m-tech 2 kits. I smashed up my 2004 the other day. And no it wasn't my fault. Oh and I still don't know any german.( i am such a bad person)

Bmw 325i 7803

1000 Post Club
DrPierceMD said:
Well hey guys its been awhile since I have posted. So whats going on. I am still here in germany. So holla at me if your here too. I see that this forum hasn't had alot of use lately so lets gets things rolling again.

Just a little update on myself and my cars. I own a 2004 325ci, and 2 1988 325i's with m-tech 2 kits. I smashed up my 2004 the other day. And no it wasn't my fault. Oh and I still don't know any german.( i am such a bad person)
How did the 04 get smashed up, what happened and how?

adrean8j

1000 Post Club
Waaaaaadulaaaa! LOL....good to see you back its been like six months or something! Where have you been hiding? Under a rock? Yeah my baby is doing fine.....I added a nice low profile "ricer" wing and back-window spoiler to her...and I have some M5 mirrors I am going to put on her anyday now! I have a couple new pics on my webpage.......

yeah buddy....some 6 months...i know. i had, and still do have, some family issues to take care of. illness, selling the house (and with germans you know that selling your house is like selling your soul), lots of shit on the job....same sh*t, different day, you know?
i try to be a little bit more present on the board. let´s see if i can make it [hihi]

good to hear all´s good with you. now, what happened here while i was "castaway"?

ok can I get that in english please.

Well as far as the car um lets just say it wasn't my fault but the polizei are saying it is. What really happened was I was getting onto A6 in Mannhiem and the was an audi parked in the exit lane right under the A6 sign. He didn't have his triangle out, because he didn't have one (illegal). Well there was two other vehicles in front of me. A truck and a van. The truck swerved and keep going. The van swerved and just nicked the car. And I swerved and crinkled in my front right fender, took out my right mirror, scraped all along the right side door, and crinkled my right rear fender. oh and hit my right front tire also. Needless to say, eventhough the audi was illegal parked and didn't have a warning triangle. The van and myself were still fined and found at fault because "we made the accident". I don't think I will ever understand the german defense system. But oh well. I am going to BMW today to see if the car is done. I will let you guys know.

DrPierceMD said:
ok can I get that in english please.

Well as far as the car um lets just say it wasn't my fault but the polizei are saying it is. What really happened was I was getting onto A6 in Mannhiem and the was an audi parked in the exit lane right under the A6 sign. He didn't have his triangle out, because he didn't have one (illegal). Well there was two other vehicles in front of me. A truck and a van. The truck swerved and keep going. The van swerved and just nicked the car. And I swerved and crinkled in my front right fender, took out my right mirror, scraped all along the right side door, and crinkled my right rear fender. oh and hit my right front tire also. Needless to say, eventhough the audi was illegal parked and didn't have a warning triangle. The van and myself were still fined and found at fault because "we made the accident". I don't think I will ever understand the german defense system. But oh well. I am going to BMW today to see if the car is done. I will let you guys know.
Germans have this nice clause that stipulates that ANY accident you are involved it, where your vehicle hits another, is your fault for not keeping your car under control. Now if you are hit by someone else then they fall under the same clause and you are free unless in the course of the vehicle hitting yours, that yours hits another....then you are once again at fault....although not fully. Make sense? Makes no sense to me but hey what can you do.

adrean....how you been man......I haven't seen you around much. I sold the 530i and just ordered a 2005 X3. Can I still come and hang out at one of your meets? Or is it just for the performance group of BMW's?

DrPierce, that is pretty simple. Whether a car was parked illegaly or not does not liberate you from your duty to pay attantion in traffic. i mean, just because the car had no traingle does not mean that you can hit it, does it? the 1st paragraph of germanys raod laws translated means:

participation in traffic requires reciprocative attention at all times, reciprocative thoughtfulness at all times and reciprocative caution at all times.

That means, that the driver was not cautios at alle times. if he would have been the accident would have been avoided. of course, the audi is also partly guilty as his triangle was not placed, but a parking car is still a parking car.

kimbo

Hi,
I have a 1997 BMW318ise,

I wondered if it was possible for you to give me some advice?

When I start the car everything is fine, then, after about 5 minutes the idle goes up from about 750rpm to about 2000rpm - there is no explaination for this.
If the car is at rest the engine obviously starts racing to 2000rpm, if I am driving along the revs obviously fall to 2000rpm, and when I come to stop and turn the engine off then start it again I find I have flooded the engine!!!

I had a major service done on the car about 5 weeks ago - and the rear brakes overhauled - I don't know if this would make any difference.

Wondered what your advice would be???

Please help,

Kimbo

Wadula said:
DrPierce, that is pretty simple. Whether a car was parked illegaly or not does not liberate you from your duty to pay attantion in traffic. i mean, just because the car had no traingle does not mean that you can hit it, does it? the 1st paragraph of germanys raod laws translated means:

participation in traffic requires reciprocative attention at all times, reciprocative thoughtfulness at all times and reciprocative caution at all times.

That means, that the driver was not cautios at alle times. if he would have been the accident would have been avoided. of course, the audi is also partly guilty as his triangle was not placed, but a parking car is still a parking car.
Well it wasn't like I wasn't paying attention. I did my best to avoid the accident. I mean there was a gaurd rail to my right and traffic to my left. I swerved when I could. I actually think I caused less of an accident due to my attention. But as you guys stated I hit him so it was my fault. Not that I agree with that mind you, but there really isn't anything I can do about it either.

Oh and the car is back from the shop and looks great. As if nothing even happened to it. It almost looked brand new. God I love BMW's.

DrPierceMD said:
Well it wasn't like I wasn't paying attention. I did my best to avoid the accident. I mean there was a gaurd rail to my right and traffic to my left. I swerved when I could. I actually think I caused less of an accident due to my attention. But as you guys stated I hit him so it was my fault. Not that I agree with that mind you, but there really isn't anything I can do about it either.

Oh and the car is back from the shop and looks great. As if nothing even happened to it. It almost looked brand new. God I love BMW's.
Congrats man, I am happy to hear that all is working out for you now. I remember when my E60 got re-ended on A73, I almost cried.

i didn´t mean you in person did not pay attention. that you was meant to be used as "one". you know? in general, not you in person.

i know what you mean. the best decision was made and the least damage to man and machine possible was chosen. in my eyes that´s really good work in a stress situation were many people would loose control, but for the law it was still not cautios enough. there is notmuch you can do about it, as bad as it is.

good to hear that your baby´s back and all fine again [thumb]