Marque Tag?

NightRyda

I just bought a Marque Tag for my 2008 535i. I can't get the tag to stay on my car. I can't find any instructions on how to install it. I have the tag screwed down to the plate. But when I but it on the front of my car it dosn't stay. There are no screws on the front for it. Can someone PLZ help??[???1]

Tag I bought

Front of a 5 Series (There are no screws in the bumper to hold the top of the tag)

[mad]I really wanted my tag on[???1]

I have the tag screwed down to the plate. But when I but it on the front of my car it dosn't stay. There are no screws on the front for it.
That's not totally clear, but I think you are saying that you have the plastic "License Plate Base" shown as #27 in the 5 series picture below, and you have your tag screwed to the base?

I'm pretty sure this is the same as the 3 series. You first need to attach the base to the bumper of the car using two screws, part #28. These screws basically screw right through the bumper cover. Notice that part #29 is a drilling stencil which is designed to get the holes in the right place. Part #30, 31 and 32 is the hardware to attach the plate to the base.

This picture is for a 5 but may not be exactly for your car. The dealer can pull up the exact info for your car by using the VIN.

Attachments

NightRyda

That's not totally clear, but I think you are saying that you have the plastic "License Plate Base" shown as #27 in the 5 series picture below, and you have your tag screwed to the base?

I'm pretty sure this is the same as the 3 series. You first need to attach the base to the bumper of the car using two screws, part #28. These screws basically screw right through the bumper cover. Notice that part #29 is a drilling stencil which is designed to get the holes in the right place. Part #30, 31 and 32 is the hardware to attach the plate to the base.

This picture is for a 5 but may not be exactly for your car. The dealer can pull up the exact info for your car by using the VIN.
This is the only part I have. Do I need something else?

Thanks for that picture. Where did you get that picture does it tell in steps how to install it.

you can use 3M double sided tape

i know it sounds weird but a co-worker of mine used it on a euro plate and its held for over two years

just put tape on any flat surface you can find and press it on

NightRyda

you can use 3M double sided tape

i know it sounds weird but a co-worker of mine used it on a euro plate and its held for over two years

just put tape on any flat surface you can find and press it on
OK Thanks, it came with 3M peel off sticker on the washers. I guess that's what it's for but I didn't think it would hold. I guess I was expecting a more efficient way for the tag to be held. I'll try that. Thanks for the help.

Did the plastic part that you mounted the tag on come from BMW? It looks like #27 in the parts list. The picture came from REALOEM.COM . It is only a parts list, no install instructions at the site.

I agree that you can use double sided tape. That's what BMW did to attach my Euro plates when I did Euro delivery. It held fine, but they were only on for 10 days.

NightRyda

Did the plastic part that you mounted the tag on come from BMW? It looks like #27 in the parts list. The picture came from REALOEM.COM . It is only a parts list, no install instructions at the site.

I agree that you can use double sided tape. That's what BMW did to attach my Euro plates when I did Euro delivery. It held fine, but they were only on for 10 days.
Yeah the plastic part the tag is on came from BMW. It came with the car when I bought it. I remember the dealer saying it was for a tag. I guess I got to by some double sided tape.

When the dealer installs it, they use the screws and stencil (28 and 29). You could pay them a few $$ and they would probably do it for you.

I guess it depends on what you want - non-permanent mounting with tape, with the risk of it falling off on the road or in a car wash; or permanently installed as per the factory, with screws making holes in the bumper cover?