"mazdaspeed killer" video...

Well in terms of the video, it's quite dark. Other then that I dunno, I don't know my Mazdas. I only know the Miata and RX7 well, not too familiar with the Protoge. I'll take your word that it's fast.

heh, theres a protege out there with maybe a 1/3 or so more HP but we will get there one of these days. oh and about the vid yeah, i know. i had to make it low quality so that i could get it hosted for free. we are hoping for a bit more power soon as we hook up the exhaust, backpressure is key. oh a z28 was messing with us on our test run...he stop fooling around when he heard the turbo [headbang]

Are they not only 105, 122 or 130 HP depending on the year? I absolutely trashed a new one with almost no effort at all. Not to say that it is not a nice car, but I don’t think its a match for the Z28, even with the turbo.

Bryan330i said:
Are they not only 105, 122 or 130 HP depending on the year? I absolutely trashed a new one with almost no effort at all. Not to say that it is not a nice car, but I don’t think its a match for the Z28, even with the turbo.
I believe the Mazdaspeed turbos run around 170-180 hp, but I think the K26 may be a larger turbo, plus he is running open headers, so I would guess the car is making around 200-220 at the crank, maybe 180-190 at the wheels.

Depends what year Z28. Some of those cars are dogs.

mrferg said:
Please enlighten me, the MP3 is different from the standard Protoge, how?
It is ProtEge, not ProtOge.

I think the MP3 is an appearance package, suspension upgrade car, sort of a predecessor to the MazdaSpeed turbo car. It also has an MP3 player standard, I think.

brahtw8 said:
I believe the Mazdaspeed turbos run around 170-180 hp, but I think the K26 may be a larger turbo, plus he is running open headers, so I would guess the car is making around 200-220 at the crank, maybe 180-190 at the wheels.

Depends what year Z28. Some of those cars are dogs.
I was not aware of that type of HP. Whole different story then. Agreed on the Z28, especially given that type of HP from the Mazda.

Last edited:
the 1.4L engines have around 90HP. 2.0L,130HP for the protege5 and protege es. 2.0L, 140HP for the MP3, ~110 to the wheels. the best HP that ive seen on a protege has been 259.6WHP w/ 301ft/lbs of torque(http://www.hiboost.com/). also, my brothers mp3 has a good 32k on the ODO and almost 8k with a turbo. my mom has a 99 protege lx with 131k on it, only thing we've had to change was the shitty stereo. its possible you had a BASE model protege. to clear things up, i said that the z28 stopped messing with us, didnt say we raced or we beat him. though, i doubt we would have lost as bad as if it were stock.

Last edited:
mr ferg the MP3 as brahtw8 stated, has a really good suspension, "body kit", racing beat exhaust, racing beat strut bars/sway bars, tokico shocks...it did come with an MP3 player hence the name MP3. it also comes with "advanced timing" which cause the 10HP extra.

the mazdaspeed has 170hp.

george

1000 Post Club
good job manuel that "swoooosh" sound is nice, pretty color too............... i dont underestimate any 4 banger specially when its turbo'd!!! no no no[thumb]

Go mazda go!!!

I looked at the mp3 but liked the looks of the 6 better. Does it have variable valve timing like My inline 4??

I love my mazda very amazed at how great it handles and the build quality is amazing.

I have the sport package with the side skirts, front and rear bumbers, wing, oval exahaust and the sport grill, and a bunch of other little tweeks. I plan to get things done to it when i go for my oil changes , they have a bunch of stuff for them in the showroom that you can have done with the factory warranty.

You bmws better watch out mazdas arnt what you think.[:D]

heh if someone would a 7-10meg vid, id make a better one...what sucks is we dont get much traction first or second gear...actually, we get no traction.

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
I know Mazda's are decent cars, but just like Hondas, you can't even compare them because they are a totally different class. Try to think of a Mazda that a HP'd out BMW M3 has to watch out for. However, both of those cars are much nicer than mine. Partially because they move.

junglestylz said:
I know Mazda's are decent cars, but just like Hondas, you can't even compare them because they are a totally different class. Try to think of a Mazda that a HP'd out BMW M3 has to watch out for. However, both of those cars are much nicer than mine. Partially because they move.
Those classes are changing. VW is moving upmarket. BMW, Mercedes and Audi have been in the entry-level market for years in Europe, and are making that move in the states. It won't be much longer that the 'different class' argument will have gone by the wayside, if it hasn't already.

brahtw8 said:
Those classes are changing. VW is moving upmarket. BMW, Mercedes and Audi have been in the entry-level market for years in Europe, and are making that move in the states. It won't be much longer that the 'different class' argument will have gone by the wayside, if it hasn't already.
Why the hell is VW moving upmarket? they have Audi, Porsche, and Lamborghini for that! Volks-wagen....People's-car...