new to the boards..here's my ride..

kelly o said:
ahhh of course..so on any given day you've got a choice of 2 amazing cars to pick from [^]
Too bad most days I 'have' to choose the BMW. I love the BMW and all, but the NSX is amazing to drive. Makes me want to have two, one to drive every day and not care about door dings, theives, etc. Some people do have two. I know a guy with two looking for a third!

kelly o

brahtw8 said:
I love Breyton wheels. The Magiks (sic?) are very cool too, particularly now that they have a 3 pc version. (Is it a 2 pc?) Too bad they don't make them for non-BMWs. [:(] Maybe I'll put a set on my next bimmer . . .
yea they are pretty sick too..they were one of my other choices...

any ideas on what your next bimmer will be??[;)]

kelly o

brahtw8 said:
Too bad most days I 'have' to choose the BMW. I love the BMW and all, but the NSX is amazing to drive. Makes me want to have two, one to drive every day and not care about door dings, theives, etc. Some people do have two. I know a guy with two looking for a third!
wow thats so insane..it must be nice..sometimes makes me wish i was a crack dealer or something so i could have one of every amazing car lol i've never driven an nsx but they do look pretty amazing..for now i can only imagine [:(]

kelly o said:
yea they are pretty sick too..they were one of my other choices...

any ideas on what your next bimmer will be??[;)]
Its looking like a 1995 Avus Blau M3, a 1988 M5, or a 1991-93 M5.

As for the NSX, it is actually very affordable. A nice one can be had for $30k. Careful, if you go drive one you will probably be hooked. Then you will need two cars . . .

kelly o said:
how much improvement did your dinan chip give..i was thinking of adding the intake and chip at the same time..
For your OBDII car, it would be a software upgrade. On an OBDII car, the gain is pretty minimal, as the emissions parameters are fairly strict. The general consensus seems to be the conforti shark injector is a little better than the dinan software. You won't see a huge bump, but with the intake you might expect 10 hp/10 ft lbs. Dinan should have all the #s posted on their site.

brahtw8 said:
Its looking like a 1995 Avus Blau M3, a 1988 M5, or a 1991-93 M5.

As for the NSX, it is actually very affordable. A nice one can be had for $30k. Careful, if you go drive one you will probably be hooked. Then you will need two cars . . .
Avus blue is definetly a great color! only for the color, i could imagin to to go with the '95 M3.

kelly o

Big Daddy said:
Yeah I get pretty depressed too, trying to decide if it is a 91 318is day, or maybe the 91 750il, nah, I think I'll drive my 98 M roadster. Life is full of hard choices.
haha wow it must be pretty rough..[:0]
i guess "big daddy" is pretty fitting then... [thumb] i would love to sneak my camera into your garage

Wadula said:
that OBD is totally unfamiliar with me. what is that and what is I or II and what are the differences?

thanks for explaining that to me. [:I]
OBD stands for On Board Diagnostics. It is a federally-mandated emission control system. OBDI is fairly simple and allows much greater latitude in modification. OBDII came into existence on all 1996 BMWs and is far more complex and restrictive. It limits the amount of modification you can do to the car without throwing up faults or causing other problems. If you are going to modify an M3, you have far greater flexibiltiy with an OBDI 1995 than you do with a later car.

OBDII made such an impact that BMW had to go to a 3.2 liter engine for 1996 just to make the same 240 hp. that the 3.0 1995 engine does. (Same with the 325/328, the 2.8 makes the same hp. as the 2.5) An added benefit of the increase in displacement was a bump in peak torque, from 225 to 236.

kelly o

Delgreco13 said:
AWESOME JOB on the pics and the car is SICK....... nice system....... i like the BMW emblem in the bandpass looks HOT ! [thumb]
thanks a lot..yea the custom guy that i deal with down here, he is awesome and does such high quality work..and i wasn't expecting the bmw emblem, but when i went to pick my car up i saw it and i was like holy shit that looks sick haha