Shifter problem in my E34

Hi fellas,
Searched through the forums to see if anybody else had this problem before. The E34 is my mom's 525i. She took it somewhere to have a new clutch put in. Problem is, now the shifter is way too far to the right, and not where it was before taking it in. The shop says its in the correct location, but clearly is not when 5th gear is damn near in the passenger seat, and pulling the shift boot up and off the console. I have looked under the car at the linkage, and studied the diagrams, and as far as I can tell everything looks correct. The shifter is still tight as well, and hits all the gears fine, but just feels as if its way shifted over towards the passenger side of the vehicle. Anybody else ever had to deal with this and if so, what'd you do to correct the problem. Thanks in advance![drinking]

if that doesn't work you can always pull the shifter itself out and have someone bend it. thats what i did to make my m-coupe shifter fit in my car

So, I finally got to work on it last night, and got it fixed in about five minutes. When the mechanics put the linkage back together, they put the handle in 180 reverse. Unhooked the bar from the handle, spun it halfway around, hooked it back up, and voila! Thanks for your help fellas.