Its not a BMW but something I can call my own.

Just like woode, I bought an A4. Mine is a 1998 A4 1.8T. Its been chipped, lowered, and given neuspeed suspension. Today me and two friends cleaned out the interior and gave the exterior a nice bath. Paid 5900.

I love it. The chip gives it a big gain. Ran against my friend's mazda Mx-5 (2006) and started putting lengths after 65.

Im putting in an eisemann exhaust, and a carbonio intake in the near future.
A big turbo, and RS4 front/ rear bumper in the distant future, and.. AT Italia wheels by winter.

Militant-Grunt said:
....I bought an A4.
I cannot express fully my deepest sympathy for this most saddest of news... [bigcry]

I trust you are gentleman enough and will now leave the BMW Forum head held in shame.

I'm too upset to say any more.

JPHuston said:
I cannot express fully my deepest sympathy for this most saddest of news... [bigcry]

I trust you are gentleman enough and will now leave the BMW Forum head held in shame.

What the crap? [chair]

Congrats on the A4 purchase, MG.

JPHuston said:

Mr. I have 23 posts. Been on the forum for three years now, with no intent on leaving, especially since I adore BMW above all. But for the price the audi is the superior car, than a equevilently priced BMW. When I do buy a BMW, you can count on the fact that it'll be an M.

jrt67ss350 said:
What the crap?

Militant-Grunt said:
Mr. I have 23 posts.
Please pardon me, I neglected to take into account in my original posting that there is an American User majority on this forum...

My post was meant to be light hearted which a British audience would have picked up on.

I mean to say did you actually think that your news would have upset anyone or that anyone could actually believe a BMW Internet forum is only for those who own the cars...(I understand only too well that the attraction of the BMW Marque is not always compatible with the ability to own one)

I may only have 23 posts but I am of the opinion that quality rather than quantity counts in life.

So in conclusion let me say Congratulations on the purchase of your Audi A4 and may you have many, many trouble free miles in her [cheers]

PS...I look forward to the photos of your future BMW 'M' car in due course.

respectfully yours

epj3

JPHuston said:
Please pardon me, I neglected to take into account in my original posting that there is an American User majority on this forum...

My post was meant to be light hearted which a British audience would have picked up on.

I mean to say did you actually think that your news would have upset anyone or that anyone could actually believe a BMW Internet forum is only for those who own the cars...(I understand only too well that the attraction of the BMW Marque is not always compatible with the ability to own one)

I may only have 23 posts but I am of the opinion that quality rather than quantity counts in life.

So in conclusion let me say Congratulations on the purchase of your Audi A4 and may you have many, many trouble free miles in her [cheers]

PS...I look forward to the photos of your future BMW 'M' car in due course. But since you pointed it out I can see it.

respectfully yours
I am a big monty python fan, and I do not think I got your humor.

epj3 said:
I am a big monty python fan, and I do not think I got your humor.
Ditto. And furthermore, even the 'apology' seems a bit insulting...but whatever.

Congrats on the A4. I've always liked that body style. I think it looks cool.

Funny how I was able to pick up on the humor right away and thought you guys were crazy for the kind of replies you have posted. The apology doesn't seem that fake to me either.

JPHuston, I for one enjoy your posts so keep em coming. [thumb]

JPHuston said:

PS...I look forward to the photos of your future BMW 'M' car in due course.
OMG!!! what is insulting in that...?

I guess I need to post (even) less and try and understand what I am doing wrong.

I am sorry if any forum member has been irked at my postings, it was never my intention... honest.

as pointed out earlier I have only had a hand full of posts and anyone is free to read all of them, I believe I have always been respectful even in extreme provocation threads like the 'I Hate BMW'.

anyway, Good luck with the A4 Militant-Grunt

epj3

JPHuston said:
OMG!!! what is insulting in that...?

I guess I need to post (even) less and try and understand what I am doing wrong.

I am sorry if any forum member has been irked at my postings, it was never my intention... honest.

as pointed out earlier I have only had a hand full of posts and anyone is free to read all of them, I believe I have always been respectful even in extreme provocation threads like the 'I Hate BMW'.

anyway, Good luck with the A4 Militant-Grunt
Hey you aren't doing anything wrong, i think people are busting your balls or they are just stuck up. Let 'em be that way.

wood_e said:
Matt,

Looking sharp! I bet yours is a helluva lot more "fun" than mine. That having been said, didn't I read it wouldn't start? What caused that issue?

When I went to pick up the car, the owner had trouble starting it. The issue dissapeared when I took over ownership, I think he had bad fuel from sitting in the garage. Today I read up on the gains from the APR chip. 200HP 245torque. Shes quick, and only going to get quicker. =D

MrElussive said:
You're right, it's not a BMW. Tom, ban this punk.

Seriously though, congrats on the car, it looks really great!!!!!
LOL hypocrite! Thanks Emile.

Thanks for the compliments, ill add pics as she evolves into a sleeper.

epj3

Militant-Grunt said:
When I went to pick up the car, the owner had trouble starting it. The issue dissapeared when I took over ownership, I think he had bad fuel from sitting in the garage. Today I read up on the gains from the APR chip. 200HP 245torque. Shes quick, and only going to get quicker. =D

LOL hypocrite! Thanks Emile.

Thanks for the compliments, ill add pics as she evolves into a sleeper.
200hp and 245 ftlb torque isn't bad! If you can make up for that drivetrain loss and weight, you'll beat my m3. Trust me, it won't take much [;)] [bigcry]